Director of Insights and Analytics (Search & Discovery)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As Director Business Analysis for Search and Discovery Analytics, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Millions of Customers shop on Coupang, generating billions of data points. The Business Analytics team within Search & Discovery will bring this data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers. We are looking for a high-performing business analysis and analytics leader to join our team in Silicon Valley. The selected candidate must be hands on with big data and will be responsible for building and managing team from scratch that would focus on predictive analytics development using machine learning/artificial intelligence/statistical models.
What You Will Do
- Develop new Customer experience metrics and insights that will help us create the best Customer shopping experience.
- Provide thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on Search and Discovery analytics.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, program managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to make data-driven decisions.
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level insights to key stakeholders and executives.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a global team of data analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of analytics and relevant leadership experience
- Ability to excel as both a team lead and individual contributor
- Has experience translating data and insights into concrete and actionable recommendations
- Has experience with SQL, Excel, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Has experience in advanced data science, machine learning, predictive analytics projects
- Has experience in e-commerce, search and recommendations
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.