Director, Procurement (Taiwan)
We are one of the fastest growing, most innovative companies in the world. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network, we are the 5th largest US tech IPO of all time with a fanatical culture of customer centricity, and a track record of world leading innovation.
Coupang has broken traditional ecommerce tradeoffs, bringing customers lightning-fast delivery on millions of items at the lowest prices. With offices around the world including the US, China and Korea, Coupang is where talented entrepreneurs can seize new opportunities and take the initiative.
Now for the first time in Taiwan, Coupang is hiring for our launch team.
Position: Director, Procurement
As a senior level of Procurement, you will lead and manage strategic sourcing of multiple critical spending categories, vendor management and cost optimization activities to increase the effect of procurement investments, thereby to strengthen Coupang’s long-term profitability and sustainable growth
1) Category Management
- Advanced knowledge of several markets, commodities and products, with ability to apply tailored procurement processes in search of best value
- Advanced understanding of the needs of the business and translating them into category objectives
- Understand the importance of ensuring the whole category management cycle by considering from the first cycle
- Understand the differences between strategic and non-strategic suppliers and apply supply management tactics
- Responsible for portion of key spending categories
2) Spend Data Analysis
- Expert awareness of tools and techniques associated with gathering commercial data and able to apply them in simplified cases
- Expert in applying data to drive decision making with limited usage
- Ability to pull available and disparate data sources to leverage in decision making
3) Sourcing and Tendering
- Advanced ability to apply tailored procurement processes to non-routine procurement situations
- Advanced knowledge of developing sourcing strategy, specification, evaluation criteria, terms and conditions from bidding point of view
- Able to support high risk/high value RFPs on simple commodities and professional services
4) Relationship Management and Negotiations
- Proactive engagement managing relationship with key stakeholders
- Forming supplier relationships with key suppliers at Executive-level management.
- Shaping supplier roadmaps to align with our business objectives and drives consistent supplier performance through metrics, KPIs, and business reviews
- Develops well-thought through and documented negotiation plans and targets on high value/high complex negotiations.
- Involves internal customers in the planning and execution of the negotiation ensuring that they understand their role and contribution throughout the negotiation process. Drive results consistently and deliver against negotiation targets.
- +10 years of experience in procurement experience with strong analytical ability
- Problem solver who is able to make changes
- Systematic thinker with experience in experimentation and learning from deep dive
- Good understanding of negotiations and strategic sourcing
- Knowledge of finance guideline and laws/regulations in Taiwan