[Global Selling] Sales Operations Manager
Coupang is seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Operations Manager in Shanghai for the Coupang Global Selling business. The primary goal of this role is to partner with Account Managers closely to support seller acquisition, onboarding and business operations to increase the number and quality of our sellers and the speed of business build-up to achieve GMV goal. The role will be part of the core Coupang Global Selling team in China – not only driving the business execution but also providing thought leadership on how to streamline and optimize on current process and workflow to generate best results.
Background on Coupang Global Selling: Coupang recently launched its Global Selling business working with companies world wide who want to sell directly to Korean consumers on Korea’s leading ecommerce platform. Each year, thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Coupang’s vision is to be a place where customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang”. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Become an expert of our seller portal and other internal systems and process
- Partner with Account Managers to support sellers throughout their onboarding and selling journey
- Support Account Manager in organizing internal and external seller acquisition events
- Prepare seller training material
- Conduct in-person and online trainings to onboard sellers
- Continue to support sellers on their business operations issues like PO placement, return/refund, customs related issue, settlement etc.
- Develop process to increase seller performance by leveraging data
- Review, verify and document seller information
- Manage CRM system (Salesforce) and create relevant report
- Analyze basic sales data to identify opportunity to improve current workflow and process
- Work with external media agency on basic marketing communication
- Provide thought leadership on how to do things more efficiently and effectively
- May require 10-20% domestic travel
- Fluent in Korean
- 5+ years of successful sales operations/customer service/training experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience in customer support or training
- Quicker learner and go-getter
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Proven ability to influence others
- Experience in the new media operations or external vendor management
- Ability to work with internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.