Head of Global Benefits
Coupang is one of the fastest growing, most innovative companies in the world. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network, we are the 5th largest US tech IPO of all time with a fanatical culture of customer centricity, and a track record of world leading innovation.
Coupang has broken traditional e-commerce tradeoffs, bringing customers lightning-fast delivery on millions of items at the lowest prices. With offices around the world including the US, China, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Korea, Coupang is where talented entrepreneurs can seize new opportunities and take the initiative.
Coupang is looking for a Global Benefits Leader to join our Global Compensation team. The candidate will lead a team of talented benefits professionals and working closely with cross-functional partners, external vendors, and internal business leaders across the company. As Head of Global Benefits, you will have an opportunity to design, develop, and execute on strategic initiatives that will contribute towards our mission for the customers while building creative and delightful program for our employees. The responsible Benefits area will include health and welfare insurance, retirement, wellness, time off, and perk programs for Coupang globally.
Reporting directly to Head of Global Compensation, you will work closely with Coupang Leadership team in project basis.
- Accountable for global benefit programs in accordance with market practice and statutory regulations. Programs include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness, leaves, time off, EAP, retirement, and any country-specific benefits programs.
- Develop and drive the company’s strategic benefits road map and budget using feedback from internal partners and knowledge of benefits market trends, best practices and regulation changes.
- Partner with local HR business partners through benefits design, operation, and experience.
- Partner with third-party vendors, brokers, system providers to ensure plans operate smoothly and at scale.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (payroll, finance, legal, etc.) to design and implement global programs.
- Ensure benefit programs are scalable, compliant and are effectively deployed to the organization
- Takes a proactive approach to identification and execution of industry best practices and trends
- Commit to getting the job done no matter what issues arise.
- BA/BS in related field preferred
- 12+ years experience building global benefit programs, including design, cost analysis, and implementation in global fast-paced environment.
- Experience in evaluating and handling vendors and running an RFP process.
- Strong change management and project management skills/
- Experience using HR technologies including Workday.
- Smart, creative, compelling, and data driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Korean and English.