Principal, Business Analysis (Search and Discovery Analytics)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Principal, Business Analysis for Search and Discovery Analytics, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Millions of Customers shop in Coupang, generating billions of data points. The Business Analytics team brings this data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers.
- Propose and generate new Customer experience metrics and insights that will help us create the best shopping experience
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, program managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Create and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level insights to key stakeholders and executives
- Provide thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on Customer analytics
- Demonstrated experience translating data and insights into concrete and actionable recommendations
- Ability to write and communicate complex analysis in a clear and concise way
- Self-starter who takes ownership and has the ability to think and react quickly in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis
- Experience with SQL, Excel, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
- Experience working with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Presto
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Experience in E-commerce product analytics
- Fluent in English and Korean (verbal and written) is a plus but not required
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.