Principal Business Analyst (Growth Analytics)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Growth Analytics team has a mission to power the growth of Coupang through data-driven insights. We are a team of creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver innovative business solutions. The team leverages big data to empower business decisions and deliver insights, metrics, and tolls to drive business growth. As the growth engine within one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet, Coupang's Growth Analytics team offers countless ways to make an impact.
- Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals, and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance or marketing efforts
- Take ownership of a significant part of Coupang's marketing analytics need, and work with stakeholders and business leaders to enable its growth
- Ability to dive deep into marketing, product, and traffic data at extreme granularity to identify new ways to scale Coupang's marketing
- Work with senior leaders, marketing operators, engineers, and other business leaders to drive Coupang’s growth through marketing
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analyses and machine learning models to drive customer engagement and retention
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or marketing strategies. Convert the results into actionable recommendations
- Communicate findings to senior leaders and evangelize data-driven business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering)
- 8+ years of work experience involving large-scale data analysis with demonstrable business impact
- Expert SQL/HQL knowledge
- Experience handling large-scale, complex projects and initiatives
- Willingness to not only drive projects, but help ensure all projects for the business unit move forward
- Deep understanding of marketing across electronic devices
- Experience in creating data pipelines and ETLs that combine data from disparate sources
- Hands-on experience in Tableau, from data origination to productionized dashboards
- Comfortable presenting actionable findings to senior company leaders
- Ability to travel internationally at least twice a year, and as needed
- Willingness to meet with stakeholders during Seoul/Shanghai business hours
- Master’s degree in related field
- Business-level experience with R, Python, or Scala
- Familiarity with Git and Airflow
- Experience owning the analytics and performance of a large business unit
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.