Principal, Global Mobility (Global Mobility)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Lead and drive continuous process and program improvement for Global Mobility Program so that we can provide world-class Mobility-related expertise, and continuously attract and retain global leaders to our business.
- Support Global Mobility Leaders to develop and improve programs, policies and administration of the mobility processes to meet Coupang’s business needs
- Provide global mobility expertise to relevant employees to facilitate their use of mobility policies and procedures
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day operations and relationships with external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Coordinate with global and local HR and Finance to determine individual transferee packages and document in the mobility agreement
- Track and report mobility related costs
- Compile and present regular and ad-hoc metrics and reports related to the global mobility programs
- Work with Recruiting Managers and HR Business Partners to maintain an up-to-date forecast of global mobility needs
- Ensure cost effective mobility programs
- Monitor additional aspects of the Global Mobility program to identify opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in global HR, or Expatriate Tax (experience working in global mobility preferred); or 5+years direct global mobility experience
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication including tact and diplomacy
- Passion about working with and learning from individuals from various countries/cultures
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems (Workday preferred)
- Proven analytical comfort and ability
- Proven ability to work productively both independently and as an integral member of various teams
- Ability to prioritize effective and manage multiple complex projects and tasks Strong customer service focus
- Ability and willingness to attend calls to accommodate different time zones
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.