Principal Software Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask "How did I ever live without Coupang?" We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the "50 Smartest Companies in the World" by MIT Technology Review and "30 Global Game Changers" by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As Principal Software Engineer for the Pricing Organization, you would work closely with merchandising business teams, product owners, and production operations teams to build scalable and real time pricing platform to ensure Coupang always offers the most competitive price to our customers.
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to design, implement, enhance, and maintain Coupang pricing platform
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop scalable platform for analytic reporting
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Bachelor’s in CS, Math or related major
- 5+ years of experience in building highly scalable web applications using Java
- Good programming practices including solid object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Proficient in relational database such as MySQL
- Familiar with Linux
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a Java server environment – ideally with both backend processing and web tier data management
- Working knowledge with big data platform such as Hadoop
- Ability to deep dive into software requirements and to focus on delivering results
- Good communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Ability to understanding various business, especially e-commerce, process
- Experience building enterprise applications on AWS
- Experience with agile practices such as Scrum, XP, TDD
- Experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies
- MS degree in Computer Science
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered Lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.