Product Owner (Search and Discovery)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Search and Discovery Product Team is responsible for creating an amazing search, discovery and shopping experience for Customers. We are obsessed about improving every step of the conversion funnel, from the moment Customers sign up for a new Coupang account in our mobile app or website to finding the product they’re looking for and making the purchase.
Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. You will be responsible to rethink how our millions of Customers search, discover, and purchase items across our vast product selection. You will work closely with the design and engineering teams to create the best product search and discovery experience, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the Customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. You will leverage our data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, Customer feedback, and usability studies to validate new product features that improve the buying experience for our Customers. You will focus on delivering a world-class mobile-first shopping experience – over 80% of our traffic is on mobile!
As a Product Owner, you will be expected to:
- Have a deep understanding of the Customer through both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Own the product vision, strategy, roadmap and KPIs of a specific area of the Customer shopping experience
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, category leaders, business operations, and infrastructure teams
- Analytical thinker who works well in a fast-paced, data-driven and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- E-commerce or logistics experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing products in mobile
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Startup experience
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.