Senior Big Data Engineer (Data Platform)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Big Data Engineer of our data platform team, you will design, develop, test and implement the data infrastructure that supports company-wide Big Data Processing teams. This role will involve working closely with the bigdata user community across the company including Data Scientists, Engineers & Analysts who use our bigdata platform to do interesting and impactful analysis. You will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the future of big data platform engineering at Coupang.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, information systems or related technical field.
- Prior experience supporting platforms built using open source technologies like Jupyter, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark etc.
- Big Data tech - Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Yarn, HDFS, Spark, Tez etc. Significant experience with other ETL tech (Informatica, SSIS, etc) is very valuable, but expect to work in a "Big Data" environment. Experience in Hadoop cluster admin is preferred.
- Python for scripting and automation and basic SQL experience is required.
- Prior experience in either AWS or Azure or Cloudera technologies, and any MPP/Cloud data warehouse solutions.
- Solid understanding of JRE (Java Runtime Environment) and JVM langauges (Java, Scala)
- You have the desire and aptitude to learn how the pieces of big data platform work together
- Curious, Determined, Talented and Inspired to solve user issues.
- Sharp communicator who can explain complex data problems in clear and concise language.
- Love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction. And be comfortable outside of your comfort zone.