Senior Data Analyst
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
You’ll be faced with unique challenges to scale we aim to grow to more than 55M+ users in Korea alone. You’ll also get to push the envelope of what’s possible with mobile commerce (currently over 75% of our sales are done on mobile)! Some Specific things you'll work on:
- Highly Scalable and Reliable services oriented architecture
- Big Data Analytics supporting data collection, modeling, and optimization
- Strategic domains such as mobile payments, pricing, search, personalization, and supply chain management.
- Consumer driven web and native mobile interfaces and APIs.
What we’re looking for:
This candidate should have previous experience in data analytics as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting with structured thinking mindset.
- Masters degree of math, statistics, engineering, other technical or business fields.
- 1-2 years of experience in data mining, data science, business analytics or other quantitative fields.
- Familiarity in data query language (SQL, etc.)
- Development experience in other data processing and modeling language (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience to initiate and drive analytics projects and deliver actionable insights and recommendations to business.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and experience in A/B testing.
- Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Hands on experience in working with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- Knowledge about hi-tech industry and online marketplace.
Bonus points for:
- Recent experience with creating Tableau reports
- Relevant working experience in Retail/e-commerce/marketing.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & Fitness Reiumbursment
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.