Senior Instock Manager
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a talented, smart, and enthusiastic Instock Manager with a strong customer focus to manage inventory and replenishment for Coupang’s Global Consumer Direct business. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company. The Instock Manager will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and inventory health. Additionally, the Instock Manager will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and operational performance. The ISM will work closely with our Brand Managers, Marketing, Tech teams and our vendors to improve customer experience.
What You Will Do:
Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues. Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory. Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics. Familiarity with the principles of statistical inventory control
- Manage the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time
- Develop and manage inventory forecasts by working with Brand Managers to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Manage the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end to end process.
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 3+ years of experience in inventory management, vendor management, purchasing, forecasting, and/or demand planning
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Bilingual in Korean
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- MBA or MS in: Supply Chain or Operations Mgmt
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.