Senior, Technical Program Manager (Engineering Operations and Strategy)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As an Engineering Operations & Strategy Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with members of multiple business & Engineering teams to help identify pain points in Engineering processes, design and develop processes to streamline Engineering operations, with the goal to minimize Engineering risks while maximizing for efficiency and quality. You will also own and build necessary data sets and metrics to measure the effectiveness of solutions and continuously enhance engineering processes. In addition, you must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical teams and stakeholders of various levels.
The TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in support of regulatory and compliance initiatives to drive enhancements to overall engineering operations, including developer productivity, web and endpoint security and much more!
- Work with a broad set of business and Engineering stakeholders to design, socialize, launch and maintain Engineering operations programs across multiple geographies and time zones
- Document playbooks and processes that set a global standard for Engineering operations that balance the needs for regulatory compliance and Engineering excellence
- Manage and maintain a broad understanding of our technical architecture, but with the ability to dive deep to understand touchpoints and dependencies between teams, and bring teams together as necessary to solve common problems
- Understand and develop necessary processes to manage financial and operational risks relevant to Engineering
- Be a resource for technical, business, and program management perspectives to enable seamless communication across teams and project execution
- Own your programs end to end, from charter, roadmap, plan, design, build, execute, deliver, monitor performance and adoption
- 5+ years of Engineering or Program Management experience at large-scale organizations
- Flexible, agile and fast learner able to context switch effectively
- Mindset for scalability and a proven record in building systems and processes for scale
- Possess a solid business acumen and can contextualize and balance Engineering needs with the needs of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Data driven and experienced in determining effective program KPI's and using them to measure program success and issues
- Background in the e-commerce or payments industry(ies)
- Minimum of 2-4 years in systems or process design adopted by a variety of internal teams
- Highly effective at cross-group collaboration and know how to get the right people in the room to solve problems
- Strong knowledge or experience in agile development methodologies, security architecture or incident management
- Background in risk management
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.