Senior, UX Researcher Japan
We are one of the fastest growing, most innovative companies in the world. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network, we are the 5th largest US tech IPO of all time with a fanatical culture of customer centricity, and a track record of world leading innovation.
Coupang has broken traditional e-commerce tradeoffs, bringing customers lightning-fast delivery on millions of items at the lowest prices. With offices around the world including the US, China and Korea, Coupang is where talented entrepreneurs can seize new opportunities and take the initiative.
The Principal UX Researcher will be a core member of the Japan UX leadership team, responsible for managing the research required to conceive and deliver a best-in-class customer experience. S/he will be expected to plan innovative research programs and employ the latest research methodologies to analyze customer behavior to derive actionable insights for product innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and own the overall qual/quan research strategy and roadmap.
- Employ the latest research methodologies to improve research quality and reliability.
- Help shape the future state of products/categories by driving product decisions through the provision of actionable insights, collaborating with cross-functional teams (UX, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Fulfillments).
- Over 5 years of experience employing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies within a consumer-orientated business model; background in UX Research, Market Research, Consumer Analysis, Usability Testing, Strategic Analysis, etc. or experience/skill set that will match the qualification.
- Closely partner with the Design and Product owners to develop strategy and rationale for features.
- Collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to conduct efficient research planning within a fast-paced, agile environment where resources and time must be prioritized effectively.
- Domain knowledge of the e-commerce and/or food delivery sectors or understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model is a plus.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Psychology, HCI, Computer Science, Ethnography or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or Korean (Either or)
Try to overcome the competency gap. We strongly recommend you to apply if you think you will be a good fit for this role.