Sr. Industrial Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Responsible for creating a road-map for throughput and storage capacity at fulfillment centers, while also ensuring a safe environment with scalable processes and operations. Industrial Engineers are responsible for all designing, evaluating vendors' automation at entire fulfillment center.
This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with both stamina and mental quickness to be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth Distribution Center. Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and staff will be imperative.
- Creating a roadmap for throughput and storage capacity
- Plan for network and facility design to execute the roadmap
- Own the FC KPI ( speed, scale, reliability and cost) for improvement through step changes in design
- Build a team of Industrial Engineers to benchmark rate expectations using time studies to improve operational efficiencies.
- Plan for facility material flow and station design
- Benchmark the ideal capacity at a service, process and activity level
- Utilize industrial engineered standards to develop process path targets that support the budget.
- Provide gaps analyses to bridge deltas of process path misses for Operations to action against as well as analysis of improvements for network standardization.
- Integrate with automation, process and product team to ensure the execution
- Provides advice to customers regarding industry best practices and process methodology
- Is a thought leader in their Product/Process Solution area of focus and is able to apply that knowledge to customer situations
- Mentor and groom process specialist/ operations
- Actively create new services and templates/concepts so that these services can be delivered
- Supply Chain, eCommerce, Electronics or Automotive for 5-10 years
- Capacity planning for throughput and storage
- Facility design and launch
- Exposure to automation solutions, MHE
- Lean concepts- Material flow, Station
- MBA in General Management-Operation/ IE/ Supply Chain
- Patent, Research Publication etc
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Updates to Applicant Privacy Notice
The Privacy Notice is posted on Rocket Your Career website. Please review the Privacy Notice below.