Sr. Principal, Cloud Architect
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Sr. Principal Cloud Architect in Cloud Platform team, this role will focus on Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Services and processes at its best to enhance Cloud infrastructure & system Efficiencies, Productivity, Availability, Scalability and system quality at 10X scale. This role will be responsible for diving deep into business problems, understanding current customer pain points, system domain, current Platform limitations (if exists) and then work closely with engineering teams / leaders to design and architect new system / services leveraging cloud infrastructure that can scale 10X better in terms of availability, reliable, performance and efficiency. This includes providing system architecture artifacts, accountability on cloud infrastructure choices that can perform and scale at 10X level but are still efficient, guidance on using right machine type, network designs etc . You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit.
- Serve as a Sr. Cloud Principal Architect for Cloud infrastructure and Services
- 100% accountable for quality of system architecture and design of system / Platform.
- Solves complex technical problems in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) and Private Cloud environment plus improves Operational Excellence
- Strong ability to deep dive to understand current systems Cloud architecture to provide strategic partnership and improvements on network usage, role management, CDN, domains, Hybrid Cloud etc.
- Strong Experience on Cloud DevOps Tools (CI/CD, IaaC, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Python.
- Strong working experience on Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, SDN, DNS, TCP/IP, Cloud Networking.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools
- Identify opportunities to make disruptive improvements in cloud infrastructure usage, operations and services with high degree of systematic automation.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (sub millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.99% uptime), enterprise architecture best practices
- Strong technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data to provide appropriate network, infrastructure recommendations
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12+ years of system engineering, Cloud DevOps and Cloud SRE
- 5+ years of experience leading system design, architecture leveraging AWS, Azure, GCP services
- 5+ years of demonstrable building and operating infrastructure as code. Comfortable with many flavors of Linux
- 5+ year’s of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- 5+ year’s of experience in building and managing high-performance, highly-available and scalable Hybrid Cloud cloud environments .
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- AWS Certification for SysOps on AWS, Developing on AWS, and/or AWS Architect
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level System/Cloud Engineer
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills