Staff Technical Program Manager (Fulfillment by Coupang)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Do you see building large-scale distributed systems as a crucial enabling technology in today's business environment? Do you have strong subject matter expertise in software design architecture and analysis? Do you have a strong background on system design and the data analysis required for defining must have capabilities for merchant fulfillment? Are you execution-oriented with attentive detail to driving platform enhancements and improvements across the technology? If you answered yes to the above, then you might be the right person to be the FBC Technical Program Manager.
Fulfillment by Coupang (FBC) is critical to Coupang business strategy. This role will be responsible for full ownership & end-to-end project charter, delivery & execution starting from Product & Service Definition, Functional Design, Engineering execution Lifecycle with a Customer focus and Customer lifecycle management for Coupang’s Rocket-on-Demand (ROD) business. You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit. Within Product & Service Definition the role helps create design options for features being enabled by scenarios. For Product & Service Design this role mediates Scenario-relation features and applies design tradeoffs aligning to business requirements. This can also include defining business & technical requirements, so business acumen blended with strong technical understanding of technologies is a must. In Customer Lifecycle this role collaborates with stakeholders and educates on adoption by explaining scenarios effectively. In Engineering Lifecycle this role defines the design iteration process for the team and organization. In Product & Service Ownership this role has a sense of pride and ownership in end-to-end quality and product stewardship. This role will possess a strong blend of technical, business, and project management experience that enables effective management of tangible solutions.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with members of multiple business & Engineering teams to help define, streamline, design and analysis data to build business requirements and then work with engineering teams to articulate requirements, further perform functional & technical data & system analysis, drive engineering to implementation via all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). In addition, the ideal candidate must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively on many levels.
- Strong functional & technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data.
- Should be able to dive deep to come up with new Platform scenarios that helps solving systems bigger problems by simplifying our services & cloud platform and help increase productivity & efficiency or every Engineer & system in the company.
- Solid Platform, Web services, API technologies experience
- Strong blend of technical, business, and program management experience that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution and great customer reach.
- Own and Manage implementation E2E from Project charter, roadmap, plan, design, build, execute, deliver and monitor performance & adoption.
- Creates, evolves, and communicates specifications for feature areas that enable cohesive, compatible, iterable scenarios that span multiple feature teams and enable a durable multi-year vision.
- Should be able to come up with scenarios and business requirements by analyzing data and business needs.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Minimum of 7-10 Years of Engineering Program Management experience in managing feature teams and designing large-scale or complex technical initiatives on shared Platform for Web & Web services, API, Data analytics
- Minimum of 2-4 Years in Platform, Web design, API that are used by internal & external teams.
- Flexible, agile and fast learner.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Change management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities
- Knowledge or experience agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum).
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.