Technical Program Manager - IT Specialist - SOX
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is looking for an Information Technology (IT) specialist who will be responsible for IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX 404) Compliance activities. This role will ensure the effective execution of the SOX ITGC controls for Coupang Corporate IT and Engineering functions, including affiliates.
Controls Design and Deficiencies
- Assist in the design, implementation and ongoing monitoring of IT general controls across Coupang Engineering and Corporate IT systems and its subsidiaries, which may include design of relevant processes or technical infrastructure to support controls
- Assist in driving IT control deficiency remediation efforts, including conducting root cause analysis, impact analysis, identify mitigating controls, creating remediation plans and hands-on coordination with IT process owners ensuring the success of remediation activities
- Perform quarterly IT deficiency evaluations in coordination with Finance
- Assist in the documentation and management of ITGC narratives, Risk and Controls Matrix, and the inventory of SOX in-scope IT systems, applications, supporting tools, and financial data flow mapping and keep them up to date on a regular basis
- Ensure all ITGC Documentation, findings and audit requests are stored, collaborated on and accessible on the Company’s centralized SOX program management tool (Workiva)
- Develop an deep understanding of the company’s platform infrastructure and processes, including knowledge of risks to service-oriented technology architecture, and how those systems interact with Corporate IT systems for the purposes of financial reporting
- Maintain an awareness of new and emerging IT risks, regulations and trends that impact technology controls and IT controls accordingly
- Liase between Engineering & Corp IT for internal and external IT control audits, participate in IT walkthroughs, and assist management in responding to internal and external auditor requests relating to ITGCs, IT Application Controls (ITACs), and Key Reports, as necessary
- Assist in the communication status of IT control activities, verbally and in writing. Ensure that stakeholders are kept up to date on key information
- In partnership with Finance, Security, Engineering, and Corp IT teams, manage and remediate SOD conflicts identified in relevant financial reporting systems
- Maintain an inventory of SOX in-scope 3rd party service organizations, obtain, and evaluate SOC reports based on a defined frequency, document results, and lead remediation of any unmitigated risks
- Bachelor’s degree computer sciences, mathematics, management/computer information systems, accounting, or related fields. MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred – can be replaced by experience
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Minimum 5-8 years of related work experience in information technology SOX compliance, IT risk management, or related fields
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX) and IT General Controls
- Professional auditing, security, or technology designation (e.g., CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISRM, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT / Information Security risks and controls principles
- Foundation in analyzing, problem determination, and resolving complex IT problems
- Experienced with controls, or risk management with both enterprise applications and developed software, including:
- Service oriented architecture concepts
- Distributed systems access management and service deployment
- Modern software development practices
- Strong familiarity with AWS services and containerized distributed systems
- Strong familiarity with relational, object-oriented and messaging queue infrastructure
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ruthless Prioritization: self-directed and accountable with the ability to manage competing tasks within specified deadlines
- Move with Urgency: proven track record driving tangible results on short deadlines
- Comfortable with cross-team collaboration and communication
- Ability to be collaborative and to encourage collaboration
- Ability to positively influence others
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.