Director of Engineering, Accounting Systems - Seoul
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the world. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang is looking for a strong technical, results-oriented leader who can help us build the next generation of Accounting Systems software. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes building high-performance reliable systems, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate financial transactions worth billions (KRW) annually as we are building Accounting & Finance applications to manage the fastest growing e-commerce business in South Korea.
- Lead a team of software engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a critical set of services.
- Make analytical data-driven decisions applying strong technical ability to audit and design systems, manage engineering projects and evangelize your team's products and ideas
- Hire the best, mentor and develop your team
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Responsible for both development and operations of the services
- Report on status of work, quality, and operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experienced in using agile methodologies to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Software development background in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web application development, Java, AWS services, NoSQL Databases, Big Data solutions.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.